A ceasefire? Or a pause in operations? We unpack the agreement between the Kurds and Turkey, brokered by Vice President Mike Pence.
Minnesota is home to the largest Somali American population in the U.S.
It’s a community that’s been in the headlines often recently, but if its members had a direct line to the nation, what would they say?
In partnership with Minnesota Public Radio and Sahan Journal, a nonprofit news organization focusing on immigrants in Minnesota, we sat down with Somali Americans in Minneapolis to find out.
Show and text by Amanda Williams.
1A Across America is funded through a grant from The Corporation for Public Broadcasting. CPB is a private, nonprofit corporation created by Congress in 1967 that is the steward of the federal government’s investment in public broadcasting.
- Mukhtar Ibrahim Editor and executive director, Sahan Journal; @mukhtaryare
- Ubah Jama Teacher, St. Paul Public Schools
- Jaylani Hussein Executive director, CAIR Minnesota; @Jaylanihussein
- Mohamed Issa Barre Hennepin County employee; @junlay99
- Nadia Mohamed Candidate for city council, St. Louis Park, Minnesota; @nadia_joome
- Halima Ahmed Co-leader of the Muslim Student Association, Hamline University
- Haji Yussuf Podcast host; @syussufhaji
Video of Live Across America Event
In partnership with Minnesota Public Radio and Sahan Journal, a nonprofit news organization focusing on immigrants in Minnesota, 1A host Joshua Johnson sat down with Somali Americans in Minneapolis in August, 2019.
Most Recent Shows
A fourth man connected to Rudy Giuliani is arrested. The Democratic candidates gather again for a debate.
In his new book, the figure skater opens up about his road to the Olympics and beyond.
President Donald Trump says the Kurds are "no angels." We talk about the latest developments in ceasefire negotiations.