It's been called Trump Country, coal country and backcountry. But it's our country.
‘Twas the week before Christmas, on Capitol Hill
As Republicans cheered passing a major bill.
With Joshua Johnson, before Christmas Day,
The Friday News Roundup, this week, on 1A:
The tax bill passed after such planning and care,
but would help for the middle class really be there?
Critiques of the Russia probe grow louder and fuller,
but the president says he won’t fire Bob Mueller.
A Virginia tie-breaker has lawmakers stuck,
could they really choose a new House member, by luck?
Also, the latest on the Amtrak disaster.
The death of a Cardinal who failed as a pastor.
And, this might fill some Disney fans with mirth:
We always love hearing what you have to say.
- Fernando Pizarro Washington correspondent, Univision; @FPizarro_DC
- Greg Ip Chief economics commentator, The Wall Street Journal; author of "Foolproof: Why Safety Can Be Dangerous and How Danger Makes Us Safe"; @greg_ip
- Susan Glasser Chief international affairs columnist, Politico; @sbg1
- Eugene Scott Political reporter, The Washington Post; @Eugene_Scott
- John Allen Editor of Crux, an independent news site, and president of Crux Catholic Media Inc.; author of "Conclave" and "All the Pope's Men"; @JohnLAllenJr
Most Recent Shows
Is that your phone going off?
Raised by adoptive grandparents, Motley found his way to the Oval Office as a special assistant to President George W. Bush. Now, he's telling a story about what a good community can do, even when things are bad.
The fight for equality has always been hard work.