We follow stories from Ireland, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.
As Irma weakens parts of Florida are assessing the damage. Others in more northern parts of Florida and in the southeastern United States are still bracing for damage from the newly downgraded Tropical Storm Irma.
And more storms are looming.
This hurricane season is being compared to the 2005 season, which was the last time the nation saw two powerful storms hit the mainland this close together.
As the storm progresses we ask how will the response today compare and what do we learn about preparation with each hurricane hit?
- Russell Lewis NPR's Southern Bureau Chief; @NPRrussell
- Wilson Sayre WLRN Reporter; @WilsonSayre
- Alex Sink Former Chief Financial Officer of the state of Florida; former treasurer on the board of trustees on the Florida State Board of Administration; past democratic nominee for Governor of Florida; @AlexSinkFlorida
- Brakkton Booker Reporter, WAMU; @brakktonbooker
- Rick Hirsch Managing Editor, Miami Herald; @rickhirsch
Most Recent Shows
Commemorative coins are available.
There are more than 13,000 Dollar General stores in the United States.
President Donald Trump has canceled a planned summit with North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un. The meeting was planned for June 12 in Singapore, but hours after [North Korea took…