It's a lonesome world.
A crisis can bring out the best in people … and the worst.
We see this on display as Harvey causes severe flooding in Texas and along the Gulf Coast. Many people have rushed to donate to disaster relief, but warnings about scams have also proliferated. How can you make sure your goodwill goes to help those in need?
- Michelle Singletary Syndicated columnist of "The Color of Money" for The Washington Post.
- Jacob Harold President and CEO, GuideStar
- Mari Kuraishi Co-founder and president, GlobalGiving
- Suzy DeFrancis Chief Public Affairs Officer, American Red Cross
- Jonathan Katz Journalist; author, The Big Truck That Went By: How the World Came to Save Haiti and Left Behind a Disaster
Most Recent Shows
If you think your to-do list is long, consider your Senators'.
What makes a great cover song?
Does President Trump's disdain for news media reflect just how little people trust journalists?