Could Fornite and Overwatch overtake the NFL and the NBA? Or have they already?
The violent racism we saw in Charlottesville, Virginia is not new.
But after last weekend’s attack, many people are looking for new ideas about how to stop extremists. On Monday’s show, our guest Jameta Barlow said “Everyone needs to do something every day.”
But what? What is the most productive response to a white nationalist rally in your town? Or on your campus? What should you do if a cousin says something racist at Thanksgiving?
Is there an effective way to stop hate, stay safe and still preserve everyone’s First Amendment rights?
- Peter Bergen CNN's national security analyst; vice president and director of the international security program at New America; author of "United States of Jihad: Investigating America's Homegrown Terrorists."
- Zeynep Tufekci Assistant professor, School of Information, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. She writes regularly on her blog: Technosociology.org
- Don Harmon Illinois state senator
- Lecia Brooks Outreach director, Southern Poverty Law Center
- Sammy Rangel Executive director and co-founder, Life After Hate
Most Recent Shows
The 37-year-old mayor of South Bend, Indiana is the first openly gay presidential candidate.
Not every relationship is an A and B conversation
100% Grade A Prime