Trump, trusts and trade. Plus a lot of other stuff.
Shortly after President Donald Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, murmurs of the phrase “Constitutional crisis” crescendoed to a steady hum.
Experts and lawmakers are split on whether the situation truly qualifies, though.
How much of a threat is this to our nation’s democracy?
- Rep. Jackie Speier U.S. representative (D) for California's 14th congressional district; ranking member on the House Armed Services Committee's Subcommittee on Military Personnel; member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Alexis Simendinger White House correspondent, RealClearPolitics
- Michael Waldman President of the Brennan Center for Justice at the NYU School of Law; former speechwriter and aide to President Bill Clinton
- Josh Blackman Constitutional law professor at the South Texas College of Law in Houston; adjunct scholar at the Cato Institute
- Peter Zeidenberg Former assistant special counsel in the prosecution of Scooter Libby; partner, Arent Fox