A member of the 1A Text Club says: "I am really lucky to have a friend for a husband and an ex-husband. But I know it's really about the work and dedication than the luck."
Guest Host: Indira Lakshmanan
After taking a beating in November, some Democrats woke up Wednesday with Georgia still on their mind.
Jon Ossoff, a 30-year-old political novice, fell just short of a shocking victory in Georgia’s sixth congressional district. But how much can one well off Atlanta suburb can tell us about the future direction of the country? And what’s the path forward for Democrats seeking to capture 24 seats in the House in 2018?
- Andra Gillespie Professor of Political Science, Emory University
- Jessica Taylor Lead digital political reporter, NPR
- Domenico Montanaro Lead political editor, NPR
- Congresswoman Stephanie Murphy U.S. representative (D) for Florida's 7th congressional district
- Pete Buttigieg Mayor of South Bend, Indiana; a member of the Democratic Party
Republican Districts That Might Be Vulnerable
Jessica Taylor of NPR told us about a handful of districts the Democrats see as potentially vulnerable. These are seats that are held by Republicans in districts Hillary Clinton carried in 2016.
Most Recent Shows
Bryan Stevenson's memoir has changed the way we talk about capital punishment. Now, it's being turned into a movie.
In partnership with WNYC and the Apollo Theater, we examine the legacy of Dr. King's leadership.
A new cabinet in Russia, Iran takes responsibility for shooting down a plane and Parnas goes public.