Viking clap forthcoming.
Biological races do not exist. So why do we continue to rely on race as a key defining factor in our society? A new crop of scholars and artists have turned their attention to examinations of those who identify as white. We talk with some of them about what “whiteness” is — and isn’t — and what the dangers are in the context of a renewed call for white supremacy in America.
- Sandra Kim Founder of Everyday Feminism and Compassionate Activism.
- Tim Wise Anti-racism activist; author, "Dear White America: Letter to a New Minority" and "White Like Me: Reflections on Race from a Privileged Son."
- Mat Johnson Associate professor of English at the University of Houston; author of "Pym" and "Loving Day."
- Carol Anderson Professor of African-American Studies at Emory University; author of "White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Nation's Divide."
- LeRonn P. Brooks Assistant Professor of Africana Studies at Lehman College and Curator for Claudia Rankine's The Racial Imaginary Institute.
What Do You Want To Know About White Identity?
Most Recent Shows
We can't take you to the Louvre, but we do have break music from Beyonce and Jay-Z.
We're won't be so preoccupied asking whether we could that we'll forget to ask whether we should.
We look at two offices that are very close to the president.