1A is part of the 2017 Aspen Ideas Festival. What's it all about?
Guest Host: Indira Lakshmanan
Longtime host Bill O’Reilly is out at Fox News.
The announcement comes after it was revealed that Fox has paid millions to settle claims of sexual harassment made by multiple women against O’Reilly. (Claims O’Reilly says are unfounded.)
His show, “The O’Reilly Factor,” was a cash cow for Fox, but the payouts, coupled with a loss of advertisers, put the network in a dilemma over whether to keep the popular host. In the end, Fox News and O’Reilly decided to part ways. How will conservative news consumers respond?
- Joe Flint Media and entertainment reporter, Wall Street Journal
- Brian Stelter Host of CNN’s Reliable Sources and a senior media correspondent for CNN Worldwide; reports and writes for CNN Money
- Jeanine Poggi Reporter, Advertising Age.
- Lisa Banks Partner, Katz, Marshall & Banks, LLP
- Rashad Robinson Executive director, Color of Change
Most Recent Shows
When President Trump told an audience in Iowa that he didn't want poor people in Cabinet positions, his remark was met with...applause.
America's relationship with North Korea worsens after 22-year-old Otto Warmbier's return home in a coma. He died shortly after. The President has called Warmbier's death "a disgrace." What now? Also, the latest attack on London and Saudi Arabia's King rewrites the rules on succession.
We'll discuss why gun owners in particular have concerns surrounding the death of Philando Castile and why some want the NRA to speak out. Plus, back room dealing on healthcare, and is the President's front man moving on?