Jeffrey Seller has produced some of the most popular theatrical blockbusters. His smash hits "Hamilton" and "Rent" both won the Pulitzer Prize for drama.
Fear of deportation has driven many undocumented immigrants further underground. Students have stopped showing up to class in districts around the country. Unauthorized people who are victims of crime have dropped their cases. Cities that are sensitive to immigrants’ concerns have canceled events.
President Trump’s efforts to crack down on illegal immigration is affecting millions of lives — including the lives of citizens.
- Leslie Berestein Rojas Immigration and emerging communities reporter for Southern California Public Radio in Pasadena, CA.
- Julián Aguilar Politics and border affairs reporter for the Texas Tribune.
- Jeremy Redmon Reporter for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Fernando Mendez Co-host, El Ritmo de la Communidad on 1340AM El Zol radio in Philadelphia.
- Jessie Ryan 1st vice president, Board of Education, Area 7 for Sacramento City Unified School District.
Despite his rhetoric, the deportation of undocumented immigrants didn't start with President Trump. In 2016, the Pew Research Center looked at 15 years of deportations and found a spike in the early-to-mid Obama years.
This came after a spike, then stabilization in unauthorized immigration.
And a later survey looked at where unauthorized immigrants were living:
Most Recent Shows
President Trump alluded to a pardon for former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
Why have there been so many accidents involving U.S. Navy ships recently?
Americans are facing down a decades-long sugar habit.