What's happening these days on the West Coast?
On his first full day in office President Trump signed the death warrant for the Trans-Pacific Partnership – an expected move with wide support from even some of his opponents, including Senator Bernie Sanders.
The new president was convinced the deal would destroy jobs and strengthen China. Those in favor argued the TPP would help “increase Made-in-America exports, grow the American economy, support well-paying American jobs, and strengthen the American middle class.”
At the start of the week, this language could be found on the web site of the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, they’ve since been replaced by the words “America First Trade Policy.”
The new president has made it clear about his desire to bring jobs back to the country, in particular to bring manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. What should be “Made in America?”
- Lisa Hirsh president and CEO of Accurate Box Co., a high graphic corrugated manufacturer of packaging, based in Paterson, N.J.
- Michael Araten chief executive officer and president, K'NEX Brands, L.P.
- Harry Moser founder and president, Reshoring Initiative.
- Antoine van Agtmael senior adviser, Foreign Policy Analytics; founder and former CEO of Emerging Markets Management; co-author of "The Smartest Places on Earth."
- Harry Holzer public policy professor, Georgetown University; former chief economist for the U.S. Department of Labor.
Most Recent Shows
Let's review what has been a busy week on Capitol Hill.
As gentrification prices people out of urban centers, some long-time downtown dwellers are finding new homes on the outskirts of town.
More than 60,000 black women are missing in America. One of the reasons we don't hear much about that is the media.